I have posted previously about our journey to eating “real Food” which for us meant going organic and healthier. In doing that I lost about 25 pounds and Karol lost 40. I have kept those 25 pounds off for about two years, but it is time for me to take things to the next level. In doing so I am doing a “30 day detox” using my Arbonne products. Protein shakes, fiber, energy fizz sticks, and removing food items that can cause problems such as gluten, corn, ground nuts, coffee (although we can have green tea and caffeinated Arbonne fizz sticks). Removing coffee is about removing acidic foods.
Anyway I am currently on day 4. I have found quite a few recipes we are going to try and I will be happy to share them here. The one I made last night was “Dirty Rice with Chicken”. It was super easy and super yummy!!
Dirty Rice with Chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small zucchini, diced
1/4 cup onion. chopped
2 cups brown rice
Creole Seasoning: I used Tony Chachere seasoning but you can make your own with:
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup organic frozen mixed vegetables
1) Cook brown rice according to the directions on the package.
2) Put the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the zucchini and onion and saute until soft.
2) Add cut up chicken and cook until chicken is browned.
3) When chicken was almost done I added the mixed veggies. (Corn is actually not allowed during a 30 day detox, so I just picked it out and gave it to my cat as a treat…he loves corn….weirdo….)
4) Add in the rice and stir it together to marry the flavors.
5) I actually “overcooked” it a bit so some of the rice would have a crunchy texture, but that is definitely up to your personal preference.
Serve. Made 4 servings. (no leftovers….this was too delicious!!)